2017 – 2018
All grade levels:
- Polo shirts in red, black, white, or grey, short, ¾ or long sleeved. Any fabric for polo shirts is acceptable.
- Button-down collared dress shirts in the approved solid colors are also allowed.
- Pants (solid colored) in beige (khaki), red, black or any shade of grey (fabric: cotton or denim)
- Shorts in the same colors, no more than 4” above the knee are permitted (fabric: cotton or denim)
- Skirts and jumpers in the same colors, no more than 4” above the knee
- Girls may wear leggings under skirts of the approved length
- Sweatshirts, fleece and zippered jackets that will be worn in class MUST be in school colors (red, black, white, or grey) and must be worn over a polo shirt.
- Winter coats (for outside use) do not have to be in school colors
- Hats or hoods in class or chapel.
- T-shirts, even in school colors (except on Free Dress Days)
- Logos of any kind other than the Excel logo
- Leggings, yoga pants, jeggings, joggers or sweat pants
- Mesh or nylon track pants
- Tight jeans (typically known as skinny jeans)
- Holes or tears of any size in any part of the uniform
- Patterned (including plaid) clothing
- Closed-toe shoes are recommended, but any sandals MUST have a strap across the heel.
- Girls in grades Pre-K through 1st are allowed to wear solid colored leggings in black, red, beige (khaki) or grey.
- Elementary students MAY bring mesh or nylon shorts or track pants to change into for PE
Middle and High School
- PE uniforms for grades 7-12 (to be purchased through athletic department)
- Boys’ pants/jeans may not sag
- Once a month the high school will have scheduled “Professional dress” days; students will wear clothes appropriate for a job interview.
Make-up and jewelry are acceptable as long as they are not extreme